Hi guys,
Im new to CBs and I can pick people up but I cant clearly hear what they are saying. Any ideas what maybe wrong?
thanks
I cant hear you!!
Hi,Sgtmoore wrote:Hi guys,
Im new to CBs and I can pick people up but I cant clearly hear what they are saying. Any ideas what maybe wrong?
thanks
Is it possible you are listening to people talking on AM when you are set to FM (or the other way round)?
In the UK, we currently use 80 FM channels, but on the EU 40 channels, you often hear European truck drivers chatting to each other using AM, because that's what they use at home and often forget to switch over to FM when in the UK.
Another possibility is that you are hearing strong SSB signals coming in. There is a lot of atmospheric propagation at the moment, allowing international signals to come though quite strongly on the CB channels.
Alternatively, perhaps they are just too far away?



