Hi all,
I have just bought a polmar venus and installed it already and it seems to be working fine. I set up the radio for UK use. However I cannot find out how to switch between UK frquencies and CEPT frequencies. It displays the frequency for each channel and I can see that on channel 19 it is on the frequency designated by CEPT, not the UK frquency. Anyone any ideas how I can keep it on UK frequencies? Or am I missing the point here?
Regards
Pete
Polmar venus uk versus cept
- Andy Nazel
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 pm
Hi Pete,to fix the frequency to UK you need to press and hold the MR/DX button while powering the radio on and then use the channel change buttons until the display shows the letter "U" then press the 9/SHT button to confirm your choice.It may also be that pressing the AM/FM button on the mike changes the radio between UK and Cept as on some other radios,Hope this helps,
Hi Andy
Thanks for the response. Yes I had done this on initial set up. What was troubling me was how to switch between CEPT and UK frequencies. Channel 19 was very quiet and then I noticed it was the CEPT frequency not UK. After much messing around I discovered the way to do it was to continue changing channels until the right frequency was shown. It cycles around channels - 1 2 3 .... to 40, select up channel again and it goes to 1 2 3 4 .... 40. Looking at the frequencies the first 1 to 40 were CEPT and the second 1 to 40 UK. So solved it. Nothing in the instructions though. Cheers
Pete
Thanks for the response. Yes I had done this on initial set up. What was troubling me was how to switch between CEPT and UK frequencies. Channel 19 was very quiet and then I noticed it was the CEPT frequency not UK. After much messing around I discovered the way to do it was to continue changing channels until the right frequency was shown. It cycles around channels - 1 2 3 .... to 40, select up channel again and it goes to 1 2 3 4 .... 40. Looking at the frequencies the first 1 to 40 were CEPT and the second 1 to 40 UK. So solved it. Nothing in the instructions though. Cheers
Pete

