Power source

4x4 CB radio advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
lemur
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi guys,
I'm about to install a cb into my 4x4 :D and in the instructions for the cb it says to make a dedicated power supply direct from the battery to avoid interference.. this will be more hassle than picking up on a ignition switched 12vdc local to where I intend on installing. I'll put the extra effort in if warranted but thought I'd check with you guys first.
thoughts?
Cheers,
OM.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

i always use the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid ) and it works fine for me


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Dave 2000
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:52 pm

F*CK I sat here (after logging in), and wrote up a lovely piece on wiring CB's and clicked 'preview' and it took me to the log in page, and deleted my post!

Not going to try again at the moment unless someone can explain to me what happened?



regards

Dave
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

That is very strange, I've never had that complaint before, so hopefully a one-off.

Andy :wink:
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

its the Gremlins that control the Site Messing about


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Dave 2000
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:52 pm

stampman wrote:its the Gremlins that control the Site Messing about


*King* *King* *King* *King*

:D I think it is good if the gremlins are doing things to improve any site, I just hate it when it is running perfect and they 'fiddle'. :wink:

regards

Dave
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

our Gremlins on here are trained by Thunderpole Bob and as he is old school he has passed a lot of bad habits on to them



*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply