Hi all.
I’m having trouble with my new president Barry.
After installing the cb and turning on I went to change the mode to FM UK but it only alternates from AM and FM even though in the book it says it should alternate between AM, FM and FM UK.
There is no doubt an obvious thing that I’m not doing but any help would be greatly apritiated!
Thanks
Matthew
How do I change president Barry to fm uk
- andy@thunderpole.co.uk
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1142
- Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
- Location: Northampton
- Contact:
Hi Matthew,
You should be able to press the 'F' key to change between the UK channels and CEPT channels... see below...
Note: In U configuration: In order to select the frequency band ENG, press several times F key (5) until “UK” appears in the display. In order to select the CEPT frequency band, press several times F key (5) until “UK” disappears from the display (see table at page 61).
Andy
You should be able to press the 'F' key to change between the UK channels and CEPT channels... see below...
Note: In U configuration: In order to select the frequency band ENG, press several times F key (5) until “UK” appears in the display. In order to select the CEPT frequency band, press several times F key (5) until “UK” disappears from the display (see table at page 61).
Andy
- Fooddestroyer
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:56 pm
Same issues
I bought a pristine little President Barry CB (like new) but I cannot find, or activate the FM UK setting?
It has the letters EU next to the channels no matter what sequence of buttons I press, or hold. The included manual does say that UK can be achieved in ‘U configuration only...’ but I have no idea how to achieve this?
Hope you can help.
I bought a pristine little President Barry CB (like new) but I cannot find, or activate the FM UK setting?
It has the letters EU next to the channels no matter what sequence of buttons I press, or hold. The included manual does say that UK can be achieved in ‘U configuration only...’ but I have no idea how to achieve this?
Hope you can help.
'youth is wasted on the young' ~ Oscar Wilde
- Fooddestroyer
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:56 pm
Update:Fooddestroyer wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:49 pm Same issues
I bought a pristine little President Barry https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cb ... barry.html (like new) but I cannot find, or activate the FM UK setting?
It has the letters EU next to the channels no matter what sequence of buttons I press, or hold. The included manual does say that UK can be achieved in ‘U configuration only...’ but I have no idea how to achieve this?
Hope you can help.
I think I have figured out how to switch to UK mode (turn on with F pressed, select U using up or down keys, then hold F, turn off and on)
BUT! I still can't get a sinner on ANY channel. I just attached the device to a brand new mag-mount kit from Thunderpole (a pre-SWR'ed Super Nova https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb-antenn ... g-kit.html) that came today, smack in the centre of my 4x4 roof?
Sorry to be a pest, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
'youth is wasted on the young' ~ Oscar Wilde
