Page 1 of 1

Faulty squelch button

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:57 pm
by blueovalcraig
I have to ‘wiggle’ the squelch button on my t2000 to get any sound from it. I’m not sure if it’s working properly as I have nobody to do a check with.

I used to get squelch noise without having to wiggle it. Does it sound like a bad connection inside the unit?

Re: Faulty squelch button

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 am
by stampman
hi sounds like the track inside the switch is going duff time for a new switch i think



*King* *King* *King* *King*

Re: Faulty squelch button

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:25 pm
by blueovalcraig
stampman wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 am hi sounds like the track inside the switch is going duff time for a new switch i think



*King* *King* *King* *King*
Cheers stampman. What’s involved and where can I get one? Lol

Re: Faulty squelch button

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:59 am
by stampman
hi

desoldering the old connections and resoldering to the new switch you need to find a repair man who has one not an easy thing to find im afraid good luck

Re: Faulty squelch button

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:43 pm
by blueovalcraig
After consulting with Andy, I sent this to him and he repaired it.

I appreciate you doing that for me Andy.

Re: Faulty squelch button

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 am
by andy@thunderpole.co.uk
No problem at all, glad it is all working well now.

Andy :wink:

Re: Faulty squelch button

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:26 am
by Enterprise
Signs of good service. :)