Ok, so I’ve stumbled upon a completely undocumented hidden menu on the CRT One N.
Holding in RFG and EMG while power on reveals a whole heap of what appear to be extra channels such as:
01,02,03
A0,A1
F1, F2
.. and some others - I have absolutely no idea what these relate to but the 01 to 03 must be something like ssb as they throw my swr right off so could be 28 or 29 MHz at guess.
There are two (90 and 91) that when keyed display a variable figure (change up or down with RFG or EMG buttons).
Pressing EMG toggles between 5w and 10w power.
Trouble is I don’t know what the default variables were for the 90 and 91 modes which I have messed with to see what they did.
Factory reset SQL on power on doesn’t set these back and now I don’t seem to be getting Week signals anymore .
Anyone else found this and more importantly able to tell me what those defaults are?
I would also be interested in knowing what the channels listed above are.
P.S. this is an unmodded rig - bought new.
Thanks
Lemon
CRT One N Hidden Menu
-
Enterprise
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 pm
- Location: Telford
If you bought it from Thunderpole then they should be able to help, if not contact your Rig supplier.
Nope got it from Amazon.
I have realised that what I found was actually a hidden Service Menu. Holding RFG and EMG together at power on activates it, then pressing up/down on mic toggles through the different menus.
I don’t recommend messing with it though - I found out the hard way that “here be dragons”.
I once saw a UTube with a guy with the lid off of one of these who was really surprised there was nothing inside to adjust the RX...
Well I can tell him that THIS menu is where it’s done. Variables are controlled in the 50, 51, A0 and A1 menus - the F/A button held in 2 secs changes / stores values.
I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND LEAVING IT ALONE
I have a couple of CRT One Ns so I don’t mind tinkering with this one.
I’ve found how to adjust RFG sensitivity but it’s tricky without equipment.
I haven’t yet figured out RX sensitivity - I have it stuck on S6 which is really annoying but can substitute for now with RFG on.
P.S. you can’t clear any changes here with the reset. They get permanently stored.
You’ll also be surprised with output power - I think they are ‘a little higher’ than rated
I have realised that what I found was actually a hidden Service Menu. Holding RFG and EMG together at power on activates it, then pressing up/down on mic toggles through the different menus.
I don’t recommend messing with it though - I found out the hard way that “here be dragons”.
I once saw a UTube with a guy with the lid off of one of these who was really surprised there was nothing inside to adjust the RX...
Well I can tell him that THIS menu is where it’s done. Variables are controlled in the 50, 51, A0 and A1 menus - the F/A button held in 2 secs changes / stores values.
I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND LEAVING IT ALONE
I have a couple of CRT One Ns so I don’t mind tinkering with this one.
I’ve found how to adjust RFG sensitivity but it’s tricky without equipment.
I haven’t yet figured out RX sensitivity - I have it stuck on S6 which is really annoying but can substitute for now with RFG on.
P.S. you can’t clear any changes here with the reset. They get permanently stored.
You’ll also be surprised with output power - I think they are ‘a little higher’ than rated

