powering a CTE 747 amplifier

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring
Post Reply
Cactusjack1879
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi all. Just bought a little CTE 747 amplifier and I need to know what to power it with. Could I get a 20 or 30 watt
bench power supply and run my fm cb and the amp together. Would the 30 amps be too powerfull to run the cb if I took the amp off? Any suggestions as to what I could use not including car battery!
User avatar
AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm
CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria
Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex

Hi,

A 747 won't draw anymore than 10 amps and it needs a minimum potential difference of 12 volts, and a maximum of 13.8V.

Remember, amps is the measurment of current flow. It wouldn't matter if you bought a 20, 30 or 200amp PSU it will only supply what the burner demands.

You can run that burner and a radio on a 20amp PSU without any issues, I would recommend buying a larger one though so you can upgrade radios or burners in the future :)
You Can Find Me On Channel 19 Usually.
Or 145.500 FM 8-)

My YouTube Channel RustySkull Productions
Cactusjack1879
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have purchased a second hand 30 amp power supply so that should do the job. :) I havn't tried the amp yet though!
User avatar
AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm
CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria
Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex

I can't wait for you to try it!!!
You Can Find Me On Channel 19 Usually.
Or 145.500 FM 8-)

My YouTube Channel RustySkull Productions
Post Reply