Hello from Hampshire

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
User avatar
Hair Bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi, I'm Rob, based in Hampshire UK. Thanks for letting me join.
CB licence holder since November '81 until they were abolished, and with one exception, I've never owned a vehicle without a CB fitted. Over time I've installed radios in numerous cars, vans and lorries, homes, a shop, a barn, several tractors, 3 boats, 4 caravans, a camper, and a quad bike. I often get calls to troubleshoot an installation and enjoy fault hunting.
My pool of radios includes a Harvard H407 , Grandstand homebase, Harrier HQ, Fidelity 3000 (used mobile), then there's Rotel 220, Rotel 240, Mustang 1000 (x3), Mustang 3000, Midland 3001, Audioline PT342 (x2), Harvard 410T handset, Grandstand handset, Maxon Speakeasy (x4), and an Alan 42, plus several others waiting spares.
I hope to be able to join in and at least offer the odd anecdote if nothing else.
Best regards, Rob.
One person in ten understands binary. The other one doesn't. :wink:
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum :)

Andy,
User avatar
Hair Bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 pm

How to do a Fidelity 3000 as a mobile...
Photo0620.jpg
Photo0620.jpg (751.13 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
One person in ten understands binary. The other one doesn't. :wink:
User avatar
Hair Bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 pm

Thanks.
Of all the rigs I had, nothing looked right. The slot where the mic is, is only a couple of inches deep and cutting it out would only give me another half inch or so. I'd used a Harvard base in a lorry before and some left handed logic led me that way again. I think it looks ok, all that holds it in place is double sided sticky foam tape and hasn't budged in three years of reasonable abuse so I count that as a win. The car already had an old phone antenna on the roof so a stud mount and a center loaded 'something' later - job done.
One person in ten understands binary. The other one doesn't. :wink:
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

welcome rob. good old radio there *King*
RSGB280662
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Good afternoon Rob
Dennis here QTH Northampton
Your list of radios over the years brought back some happy memories, my favorite rig was a Ham International Jumbo with a splitter in so you could get all the leagal FM stations on it at the time ::-() many a happy hour spent at that station.
Chat again l hope
73 Dennis
Post Reply