Uk 27mhz homebase antenna next to TV antenna?

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
SideSide
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Evening people!
I should know the answer to this, and so is probably a stupid question.
I would like to know what the ramifications would be if I were to install a hombase antenna for 11m use (not sure which one yet) on the same wall mounted pole as my TV antenna. We do use the TV antenna to watch digital TV, so wondered if transmitting on the CB with or without boots would cause an issue. I know it used to back in the day on analogue TV reception, and especially using an AM CB, but I thought I had better look into things before I broke out the ladder and coax!
Any help much appreciated as ever.
Cheers,
Chris.
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi Chris,

As long as you don't put lots of power through the antenna you should be ok.

With digital TV gone are the old days of TVI thankfully!

Andy.
earthman
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 06, 2023 5:29 pm

Talking of digital TV, anyone else managed to get a picture without having an antenna connected? I have a camper van and have experienced this, I can't remember what campsite I were on but I just had a short piece of aerial cable going from the TV set, through a vent in the van, ready to clamp the aerial to the gutter on the van but didn't need, I got a great picture. :o

It makes me wonder how much more power is put out via all this digital stuff?....No wonder some folk are very concerned about the roll out of the 5G network for example.
Post Reply