Back on the CB after a 30 year break

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
Tinker
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:37 pm

Hi, I've just got back into CB after a 30 year break, I had a Midland rig around 1994, and after several moves it has gone walkies!
I decided to give it a go again and got myself a T800 and a magmount Orbiter for the car. Seems there's lots of chat on 19 which is nice to hear.
I'm between Towcester and Silverstone, so I'm hoping to get a copy soon!
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Welcome to the forum and back to CB!

Andy
earthman
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 06, 2023 5:29 pm

Tinker wrote: ↑Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:28 pm Hi, I've just got back into CB after a 30 year break, I had a Midland rig around 1994, and after several moves it has gone walkies!
I decided to give it a go again and got myself a T800 and a magmount Orbiter for the car. Seems there's lots of chat on 19 which is nice to hear.
I'm between Towcester and Silverstone, so I'm hoping to get a copy soon!
I've recently got back into CB too after more like a 40 year break, back then I lived in Edgware, North London, the air waves were full, I had 'eye balls' with around a dozen other people within my local area, those were the days. Now I'm in rural Lincolnshire, haven't got to talk to anyone, only heard like 2 other people but I can't get a response when going 'on the side', I can only hear them with my RF gain knob turned fully up though.
I tried another ariel mounted on a wall outside, still no luck, the air waves are dead around here. :cry:
Post Reply