Antenna/mount for a Length 1.89m antenna

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
Guyver
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:58 pm

Hi to here, I recently got a

Sigma Red Devil
1/4 wave base loaded mobile antenna
Power Handling 500 watts
Length 1.89m
Coil length 460mm
Coil diameter 22 mm
Impedance 50 Ohms
Frequency 26-28 Mhz (full 80 channel coverage)
SWR 1:1.5
Fitting 3/8 UNF
Whip: 17/7 ph Stainless Steel

The issue I have is the mount, I have a mag mount Thunderpole Mag Mount | 5" Large CB that was given to me a while back, but i just saw that it says Note: Mag Mount is not suitable for antennas longer than 160cm. so I was wanting to know what mount will work for this antenna, I do prefer a mag mount, also it's for a home not a car.

thank you.
User avatar
Hair Bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi,
The advice is for a mobile installation. If the ground plane you're sticking it to is stationary then the mag you have should be fine.
One person in ten understands binary. The other one doesn't. :wink:
Post Reply