My 98+ does the same thing and thats in the same vehicle too.
Also, sometimes when I switch it off (using the volume knob on the rig - its wired direct from the battery) the illumination goes but you can still see the channel digits (ie, 19).
Its annoying but ive learned to live with just ...
Search found 52 matches
- Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:33 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland 98+ - No startup beeps
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11588
- Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:00 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Maxon CM70
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6601
Re: Maxon CM70
Personally I like it or rather want to like it but im sceptical about how easy all the touch sensitive stuff would be whilst on the move? Im talking about basic stuff like volume and squech (im assuming there is some sort of mode button you click through to get to the setting you want?).
One thing ...
One thing ...
- Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:15 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: best aerial
- Replies: 19
- Views: 7806
Re: best aerial
a stampman i heard when you drive with the sirio 4000 it bends so much it cracks something inside the base..
so i just park up and use it
best wishs paul 26 tm 315 :roll:
Good call although for static mobile I think you could do a lot worse than a Tank Whip @ £15...Nearly 9ft tall so you ...
so i just park up and use it
best wishs paul 26 tm 315 :roll:
Good call although for static mobile I think you could do a lot worse than a Tank Whip @ £15...Nearly 9ft tall so you ...
- Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: old cb
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5139
Re: old cb
I would love that Taylor 3 but you cant get them in them in the UK (can you?)....
ATB, Jon.
ATB, Jon.
- Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Mag mount woes
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5661
Re: Mag mount woes
Very strange, I have a 5ft springer and can get my SWR to 1.2 on UK20, 1.5 on UK1 & UK40. Admittedly its body mounted in the centre of the roof but having said that I had a problem at the weekend so tried my mag to see where the fault was and it was still under 1.5 on UK ch20.
A friend of mine has ...
A friend of mine has ...
- Tue May 13, 2008 9:52 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Very low output on Midland 98
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2692
Re: Very low output on Midland 98
Hi Stampman,
Well, it looks like ive been a lucky boy and the radio is OK. Took it to my local specialist who tested it out for me on a meter, the radio is still putting out 4w and TX / RX was fine.
Stripped the car (head-lining out etc) and removed the coax and managed to break the connector on ...
Well, it looks like ive been a lucky boy and the radio is OK. Took it to my local specialist who tested it out for me on a meter, the radio is still putting out 4w and TX / RX was fine.
Stripped the car (head-lining out etc) and removed the coax and managed to break the connector on ...
- Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Very low output on Midland 98
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2692
Very low output on Midland 98
Hi All,
I think my Midland 98 plus is toast. I was out all day yesterday with some friends and I was having trouble breaking through their auto squelch but they could all hear each other fine. Did a few test and it would appear that unless I have perfect line of sight with another radio they cant ...
I think my Midland 98 plus is toast. I was out all day yesterday with some friends and I was having trouble breaking through their auto squelch but they could all hear each other fine. Did a few test and it would appear that unless I have perfect line of sight with another radio they cant ...
- Wed May 07, 2008 4:34 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: little wilson vs centre load trucker 80
- Replies: 15
- Views: 18331
Re: little wilson vs centre load trucker 80
I did like my little Wil, only problem I had was I couldn't get it to SWR below 2 but it did pull in and get signals out there. The tax rebate did come through and I did get the big bro, a Wilson 1000, looks massive on the car but it really does work well.
Interesting... Ive managed to get a ...
Interesting... Ive managed to get a ...
- Wed May 07, 2008 4:34 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: little wilson vs centre load trucker 80
- Replies: 15
- Views: 18331
Re: little wilson vs centre load trucker 80
I did like my little Wil, only problem I had was I couldn't get it to SWR below 2 but it did pull in and get signals out there. The tax rebate did come through and I did get the big bro, a Wilson 1000, looks massive on the car but it really does work well.
Interesting... Ive managed to get a ...
Interesting... Ive managed to get a ...
- Wed May 07, 2008 4:28 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Unsure Which To Buy
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8014
Re: Unsure Which To Buy
I have a Midland 98, all I would say is its OK . There is nothing wrong with it but its been about for a while now and im convinced there are better radios available for the same or maybe a little bit more money.
As Stampman says, the Intek is sure to be good. Why not take a look at the new Maxon ...
As Stampman says, the Intek is sure to be good. Why not take a look at the new Maxon ...
- Tue May 06, 2008 10:14 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Maxon SCM-105
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4017
Re: Maxon SCM-105
Hi Simon,
Nice little video there, gives a good overview of the radio. =D>
Would you personally rate this as the best budget radio compared to say the Team ME-4, Midland 121, Intek 110, Midland 98 or dare I say Harry 2??
ATB, Jon.
Nice little video there, gives a good overview of the radio. =D>
Would you personally rate this as the best budget radio compared to say the Team ME-4, Midland 121, Intek 110, Midland 98 or dare I say Harry 2??
ATB, Jon.
- Tue May 06, 2008 4:46 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Maxon SCM-105
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4017
Re: Maxon SCM-105
Hi Simon,
Sounds good. Just goes to show its not always good to tar all radio's from one manufacturer with the same brush (not you obviously, just most tend to assume because a manufacturer makes 1 or 2 dodgy radio's they are all bad).
Well done Maxon, might even get one myself to have a play with ...
Sounds good. Just goes to show its not always good to tar all radio's from one manufacturer with the same brush (not you obviously, just most tend to assume because a manufacturer makes 1 or 2 dodgy radio's they are all bad).
Well done Maxon, might even get one myself to have a play with ...
- Fri May 02, 2008 3:57 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: leicester crew
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2020
Re: leicester crew
Leicester to Berkshire - you were doing well. What equipment were you using?
- Thu May 01, 2008 2:30 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: maybe the best antenna.
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3435
Re: maybe the best antenna.
Thanks Fatfinger, very useful.
ATB, Jon.
ATB, Jon.
- Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:24 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: maybe the best antenna.
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3435
Re: maybe the best antenna.
stampman wrote:links to other forums not permited by the rules and regs but you can get him to pm the link to you
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Beg your pardon, didnt read the post properly. I guess thats why I couldnt find it on here when I had a search
ATB, Jon.
