OK, I'll give that a go.
Was told that if I put a sheet of steel on the bonnet and mount the antenna to that ,it will act as a 'reflective plane'. can anyone confirm this?
Search found 35 matches
- Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Ground for sirio 3000
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3002
- Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Ground for sirio 3000
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3002
Ground for sirio 3000
Fitted a sirio3000 on the bonnet of my Discovery (alloy) only to find the swr off the hi end of the scale :(
After doing a bit of research on here, I run a thick speaker wire from the bottom of the mount to the body of the Discovery (steel).
But still the same thing happens......any ideas?
The ...
After doing a bit of research on here, I run a thick speaker wire from the bottom of the mount to the body of the Discovery (steel).
But still the same thing happens......any ideas?
The ...
- Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
A twig fitted on the roof will always TX and RX better than one on the front, back, corners or lower down.
I took the plunge and drilled the roof - it has a DV type connection, so the coax exits at right angles and doesn't stick into the headlining.
Works very well indeed.
http://i643 ...
I took the plunge and drilled the roof - it has a DV type connection, so the coax exits at right angles and doesn't stick into the headlining.
Works very well indeed.
http://i643 ...
- Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
Funny you should say that Stampman............I fitted the rig in the motor and was earwigging a couple of blokes using the fitted antenna. I have a small stinger that I have as a spare, so I thought I'd unplug the fitted antenna and try the spare........The blokes I was earwigging were much clearer ...
- Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:14 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
Got the Harrier back and hope to get it fitted tomorrow. Just made a bracket for the antenna attached to the spare wheel carrier where it will hopefully be out of harms way. It's a modular antenna.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg186/g7ree/DSC00440.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums ...
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg186/g7ree/DSC00440.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums ...
- Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:02 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: K40
- Replies: 31
- Views: 10056
Re: K40
Is it not possible to put some kind of plug (in the coax) about a foot short of the magmount so that the hole magmount could be unplugged and stowed away???
- Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:15 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
They must have a side line in drug dealing in that case, as I'm just off the phone after squaring up my bill ....and was very pleasantly surprised :mrgreen:
Thanks for all the help tho folks, as my CBX now has a new lease of life. Andy recons the old girl might be back with me early next week. I ...
Thanks for all the help tho folks, as my CBX now has a new lease of life. Andy recons the old girl might be back with me early next week. I ...
- Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:54 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:14 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: K40
- Replies: 31
- Views: 10056
Re: K40
I've had three K40;s and broke them all
.....but I did abuse them offroading.
Must say tho, that they had fantastic range, and I liked the fact that you could unscrew the antenna from the magmount (for security).
Must say tho, that they had fantastic range, and I liked the fact that you could unscrew the antenna from the magmount (for security).
- Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:50 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
Nice one....Cheers Andy
- Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:20 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
And of course......... I've got to get my bill yet 
- Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:19 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
Careful what you say, in case he gets the HUMP....lol
- Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:51 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
Thank god for that........I thought i'd just sent my Precious CBX to a one eyed technician. I didn't like to say incase Andy really did have one eye.....lol
- Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:37 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
- Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:02 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
- Replies: 64
- Views: 17848
Re: Harrier CBX Has no squelch
Cheers Stampman the mic is in the box as well.
Sent it off this morning Andy. Needs a new power lead with inline fuse.
Hope you can work your magic on it Andy, as it's not in bad nick for an old cb....as you will see.
Sent it off this morning Andy. Needs a new power lead with inline fuse.
Hope you can work your magic on it Andy, as it's not in bad nick for an old cb....as you will see.
