Search found 37 matches
- Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:00 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 35572
Re: Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
Great thanks for the advice 
- Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:15 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 35572
Could I use a mobile antenna for a home base antenna?
I've got a Sirio 5000 PL with a mag mount and I was wondering if I could use this at home or would I have to make some alterations to it.
Also with power supplies, can I run a CB and 100w amp from the same supply?
Thanks John
Also with power supplies, can I run a CB and 100w amp from the same supply?
Thanks John
- Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:26 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Buggered up radio!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3128
Re: Buggered up radio!
Ok thanks for that Stampman
- Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Buggered up radio!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3128
Re: Buggered up radio!
I'm London based and don't go that far North, which is a shame.stampman wrote:if your trundling up the m6 call in at forton and we will see what we can do
![]()
![]()
![]()
Do Thunderpole do a repair service?
- Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:45 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Buggered up radio!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3128
Re: Buggered up radio!
Thanks that's good to know.
Does anyone know a good place for CB repair?
Does anyone know a good place for CB repair?
- Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:16 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Buggered up radio!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3128
Buggered up radio!
I stupidly connected my CB radio to the 24v power output in my lorry instead of the 12v. It's a 12v only. I was half asleep I think. Anyway the radio is an Alinco DR-135UK. It went on for half a second and then made a loud pop then went dead.
Does anyone know wether it could be repaired ok or is it ...
Does anyone know wether it could be repaired ok or is it ...
- Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:44 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: I got an Alinco 135 recently
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2607
Re: I got an Alinco 135 recently
I have one of these as well and it is great.
It does everything very well, if there was one critisism though it is that the RX audio on SSB sounds a bit "Thin" compared to some of my old school radios. It is still perfectly acceptable though in most instances.
These have dropped down in price to ...
It does everything very well, if there was one critisism though it is that the RX audio on SSB sounds a bit "Thin" compared to some of my old school radios. It is still perfectly acceptable though in most instances.
These have dropped down in price to ...
- Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:32 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Just bought a new Sirio mobile antenna
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4126
Re: Just bought a new Sirio mobile antenna
They do a great job don't they!Scot4you wrote:Good One !!! I am using two SIRIO antennas on my car one for the good old CB and the other for my 2m Ham rig, and the both perform fantastically![]()
Cheers James.
- Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:39 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: I got an Alinco 135 recently
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2607
I got an Alinco 135 recently
I've been using this in my truck for the last month. I love it!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/Johnnymac1965/83C71DE7-D222-4922-9BDA-E1B8C8168910.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/Johnnymac1965/43F6ECA1-D72F-4AD2-A34C-F2CCA400D731.jpg
I bought a Astatic Road Devil from ...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/Johnnymac1965/83C71DE7-D222-4922-9BDA-E1B8C8168910.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/Johnnymac1965/43F6ECA1-D72F-4AD2-A34C-F2CCA400D731.jpg
I bought a Astatic Road Devil from ...
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:23 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: No TX on my tti 881
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5858
Re: No TX on my tti 881
Ok thanks Andyandy@thunderpole.co.uk wrote:Hi Johnny Mac,
Absolutely, the best thing to do is call us on 01604 402403 or email me andy@thunderpole.co.uk and we will sort out a replacement for you.
Andy
- Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:45 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: No TX on my tti 881
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5858
Re: No TX on my tti 881
Well yesterday I posted another thread regarding low mods. It would seem my brand new tti mic doesn't work properly.
Is there anything could do to return it as faulty?
Is there anything could do to return it as faulty?
- Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:02 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Very low or zero Mods on my tti 881
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1917
Very low or zero Mods on my tti 881
I wonder if anyone can help me. I've just recently bought a new tti mic for my tti 881 CB after getting no TX when the original one popped a few wires off the plug. This week I've had no responses from any other breakers, I just thought perhaps I'm that boring no one wants to chat! Today though ...
- Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Best ariel please?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2239
Re: Best ariel please?
Yes a Sirio Performer 5000. You can swivel it to 90'. I use one on my Volvo and its really good. I've got out over 10 miles on mine across London using a 4 watt radio.
You may need to get a different mount as I think Sirio use their own type rather than a 3/8. If you have a Ariel already through ...
You may need to get a different mount as I think Sirio use their own type rather than a 3/8. If you have a Ariel already through ...
- Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:02 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Fitting a CB to a 360 digger
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3448
Re: Fitting a CB to a 360 digger
stampman wrote:i talked to Alan yesterday so he is clued up for when you ring let us know how you go on
Nice one, thanks for that. We've just got to wait for the boss to give it the green light now!
![]()
![]()
![]()
- Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:02 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Fitting a CB to a 360 digger
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3448
Re: Fitting a CB to a 360 digger
yes the midland 42 is a most versatile set get an extra battery pack the rechargeable one and it should work fine ring
or sponsors and ask for Alan and he should be able to sort you out tell him what you want and he will go through what wii and will not work for you mention my name and you will ...
or sponsors and ask for Alan and he should be able to sort you out tell him what you want and he will go through what wii and will not work for you mention my name and you will ...
