I remember my first CB was an Amstrad 901 with a Modulator Antenna on an old Ex-GPO Van .
Skip was very good at the time, coming in from America etc. Many Groups on locally.
Homebase was a Silver Rod
Just recently got back into CB.
Started off with a T-800 Rig, then a Rotel 240 from E-Bay and now ...
Search found 21 matches
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm
- Forum: Nostalgia
- Topic: Old Antennas / CB's
- Replies: 3
- Views: 20478
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:57 pm
- Forum: Lorry Drivers
- Topic: Bin the CB
- Replies: 12
- Views: 23002
Re: Bin the CB
I agree with Stampman many Ham Operators started on CB and many use both.
To Transmit on Ham you have to do a test and pass it, namely Foundation Course.
When passed you are limited to 10 Watts
Following that you can do an Intermediate Course and then an Advanced Course ,transmit power is increased ...
To Transmit on Ham you have to do a test and pass it, namely Foundation Course.
When passed you are limited to 10 Watts
Following that you can do an Intermediate Course and then an Advanced Course ,transmit power is increased ...
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:41 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: where's everybody at?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10230
Re: where's everybody at?
Depends on where you live.
Thunderpole has a Map on site showing Breakers in UK.
Gives you an idea who is on CB around you.
Thunderpole has a Map on site showing Breakers in UK.
Gives you an idea who is on CB around you.
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: President Walker11 asc AM/FM
- Replies: 0
- Views: 7373
President Walker11 asc AM/FM
Anyone got any views on the above CB Radio. President Walker 11 am/fm
Quite expensive with no SSB must be good quality I think.
Quite expensive with no SSB must be good quality I think.
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:31 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Red Devil Antenna
- Replies: 2
- Views: 18709
Red Devil Antenna
Has anyone got views on the Red Devil Antenna.?
I'm currently using the Original Modulator but the above is a longer Twig.
I'm currently using the Original Modulator but the above is a longer Twig.
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:27 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Clouddancer/ Newbie
- Replies: 4
- Views: 19125
Re: Clouddancer/ Newbie
Many thanks for the replies re :- RG58 Coax.
Reason for query :- I was informed that the RG58 was just about passible for use.
Reason for query :- I was informed that the RG58 was just about passible for use.
- Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:15 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Clouddancer/ Newbie
- Replies: 4
- Views: 19125
Clouddancer/ Newbie
COAX Cable
What is the best Coax Cable for Mag Mounts apart from RG58.
I understand there is better shielded Cable. than above.
What is the best Coax Cable for Mag Mounts apart from RG58.
I understand there is better shielded Cable. than above.
- Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Clouddancer/ Newbie
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2147
Clouddancer/ Newbie
Be interesting to see how the new T-3000 radio reviews, looks a good Radio.
Waiting on users reviews and considering buying one.
Waiting on users reviews and considering buying one.
- Sun May 26, 2019 1:13 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: ROTEL RVC 240 Radio
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2719
Re: ROTEL RVC 240 Radio
Thanks for that Stampman,
Just realised visited you before.!!
Will drop in with the Rig but will let you know when I'm coming down.
Cheers for that.
Just realised visited you before.!!
Will drop in with the Rig but will let you know when I'm coming down.
Cheers for that.
- Sat May 25, 2019 10:38 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: ROTEL RVC 240 Radio
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2719
ROTEL RVC 240 Radio
Purchased a used Rotel 240 and seems to be working fairly well.
Does anyone know where I can get it checked over and generally tuned.
I don't think its putting out 4 Watts.
I live in the Lancaster/Morecambe area and if possible a Rig Doc near me would be helpful.
Thanks.
Does anyone know where I can get it checked over and generally tuned.
I don't think its putting out 4 Watts.
I live in the Lancaster/Morecambe area and if possible a Rig Doc near me would be helpful.
Thanks.
- Sun May 05, 2019 8:12 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Getting back into it...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 29952
Re: Getting back into it...
Hi and welcome to the Forum.
As said Harrier is a good rig.
I use a Rotel 240 and a Thunderpole T-800 which I consider a great basic little Radio.
Like you came back into CB after many years.
Sadly there are not many Breakers in my area.
However I often visit Jubilee Tower near Lancaster and get out ...
As said Harrier is a good rig.
I use a Rotel 240 and a Thunderpole T-800 which I consider a great basic little Radio.
Like you came back into CB after many years.
Sadly there are not many Breakers in my area.
However I often visit Jubilee Tower near Lancaster and get out ...
- Sun May 05, 2019 7:50 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Clouddancer/ Newbie
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4391
Re: Clouddancer/ Newbie
Hi with reference to Wilson little Will and SWR Probs.
Took Stampman;'s advice and cut it.
Eventually got it sorted.
Thanks.
Took Stampman;'s advice and cut it.
Eventually got it sorted.
Thanks.
- Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:56 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Lancaster and Lancashire
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4630
Re: Lancaster and Lancashire
I live in Morecambe, some but not many breakers about Locally, if there are, I have never copied any.
As I stated before, I go to Jubilee Tower and plenty of Breaker contacts up there.
Got contacts in Blackpool, Preston, Leyland, Blackburn, Rivington, Eccleston got as far as Southport and Crosby ...
As I stated before, I go to Jubilee Tower and plenty of Breaker contacts up there.
Got contacts in Blackpool, Preston, Leyland, Blackburn, Rivington, Eccleston got as far as Southport and Crosby ...
- Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Little Will Antenna
- Replies: 4
- Views: 16810
Re: Little Will Antenna
Many thanks for reply.
SWR is 3+ over all channels.
Would it be a short in mount,Cable or Plug
SWR is 3+ over all channels.
Would it be a short in mount,Cable or Plug
- Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:09 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: back on the air after 35 years but it did not last long
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5204
Re: back on the air after 35 years but it did not last long
Hi,
Welcome to the Forum.
CB is not as popular as it once was which is not a bad thing.
I returned after 30yrs.
You got to keep at it to gain contacts, I tend to get the highest hill near me
and it works great for me.
My favourite Antenna is the Thunderpole -Supa Nova and the Rig is a T-800 with ...
Welcome to the Forum.
CB is not as popular as it once was which is not a bad thing.
I returned after 30yrs.
You got to keep at it to gain contacts, I tend to get the highest hill near me
and it works great for me.
My favourite Antenna is the Thunderpole -Supa Nova and the Rig is a T-800 with ...
