Search found 10 matches

by earthman
Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:02 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Back on the CB after a 30 year break
Replies: 2
Views: 15688

Re: Back on the CB after a 30 year break


Hi, I've just got back into CB after a 30 year break, I had a Midland rig around 1994, and after several moves it has gone walkies!
I decided to give it a go again and got myself a T800 and a magmount Orbiter for the car. Seems there's lots of chat on 19 which is nice to hear.
I'm between ...
by earthman
Sun May 21, 2023 9:26 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?
Replies: 13
Views: 32282

Re: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?

TNT wrote: ↑Fri May 19, 2023 11:19 pm Hi Earth Man Torksey, I guess contact very much depends on arial ?? are you home base? TNT
Yes, home base, I'm between Boston and Horncastle, not sure if my rig would get that far out to be honest, not with a DV27 that's in the loft.
by earthman
Fri May 12, 2023 10:02 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?
Replies: 13
Views: 32282

Re: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?


I think it's more of a case of being too tight to buy new kit and still using stuff from 1981. But hey-ho, it still works.


There's nothing wrong with that mindset at all, I'm the same, I grew up in the 70/80's on a council estate, learned the value of money etc from an early age, if you didn't ...
by earthman
Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Uk 27mhz homebase antenna next to TV antenna?
Replies: 2
Views: 16024

Re: Uk 27mhz homebase antenna next to TV antenna?

Talking of digital TV, anyone else managed to get a picture without having an antenna connected? I have a camper van and have experienced this, I can't remember what campsite I were on but I just had a short piece of aerial cable going from the TV set, through a vent in the van, ready to clamp the ...
by earthman
Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?
Replies: 13
Views: 32282

Re: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?


My bad, the 1000 had the red meter light, 2 & 3000 had the separate light. You couldn't 'switch off' the beep, it needed a bit of surgery. The needle in the gap between 9 and the red was about optimum.


No, my bad, I didn't actually tell you the number in the first place,....to be honest I've ...
by earthman
Wed May 10, 2023 7:05 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?
Replies: 13
Views: 32282

Re: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?

Mines got a red LED that comes on every time the mike button is pressed, that's in the top right hand corner, totally separate from the needle gauge. The instructions don't say anything about how to turn off the bleep.
Back in the day when I had this rig set up well, I remember that the needle sat ...
by earthman
Mon May 08, 2023 2:53 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?
Replies: 13
Views: 32282

Re: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?

I really thought that you could turn that bleep off, it's funny how memory plays tricks on you, I still have the box and instructions for my Mustang. Are you familar with the gauge/needle that's on these? According to that, the needle goes into the red when I transmit, unlike with the other antenna ...
by earthman
Mon May 08, 2023 12:30 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?
Replies: 13
Views: 32282

Re: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?

Hi, thanks for replying. I have a Mustang CB, DV27 antenna I think, it's in the loft right now which isn't ideal I know. SWR meter is dodgy, when I switch to refracted the needle doesn't move.

Good point you make about farmers using them, I never thought about that, are CB's not used for social/fun ...
by earthman
Mon May 08, 2023 10:18 am
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Back on CB Radio after 35 years !
Replies: 3
Views: 15799

Re: Back on CB Radio after 35 years !

Do you feel that you have wasted money now?

I'm in Lincolnshire, not having much luck myself, the airwaves are dead, unless something is wrong with my rig, I can only assume that CB radio is not popular.🙁
by earthman
Sun May 07, 2023 10:52 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?
Replies: 13
Views: 32282

Anyone on here around Lincolnshire?

I've recently moved to this county, trying out my rig for the first time since the 80's, I've not had much luck when it comes to talking to someone, I've only heard one voice, faint signal, I take it that they couldn't hear me at all, I could not get them to respond. Maybe I have a fault with my rig ...