Search found 48 matches
- Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:57 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Bit confused with the new AM, SSB etc
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3483
Re: Bit confused with the new AM, SSB etc
Thank you.
- Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:17 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Bit confused with the new AM, SSB etc
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3483
Re: Bit confused with the new AM, SSB etc
Thankyou. So something like the President Grant II I can legally transmit on,
UK FM channels at 4w
Cept FM channels at 4w
And 12w ssb but only on cept channels ?
Any others ?
So for dx'ing from the UK I'd select ssb cept channels ?
Local work would be UK FM ?
What about AM ?
Thanks
UK FM channels at 4w
Cept FM channels at 4w
And 12w ssb but only on cept channels ?
Any others ?
So for dx'ing from the UK I'd select ssb cept channels ?
Local work would be UK FM ?
What about AM ?
Thanks
- Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:50 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Bit confused with the new AM, SSB etc
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3483
Bit confused with the new AM, SSB etc
Hello,
Haven't been on here for a while and since then I know they've legalised AM & SSB but before I order a President Grant I'm bit unsure of a few things :oops: .
So before this happened it was legal to use 4w on FM only correct ? What about AM ? my intek has an AM button ?
Is the SSB and AM ...
Haven't been on here for a while and since then I know they've legalised AM & SSB but before I order a President Grant I'm bit unsure of a few things :oops: .
So before this happened it was legal to use 4w on FM only correct ? What about AM ? my intek has an AM button ?
Is the SSB and AM ...
- Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:49 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Intek m790 plus frequency bands ?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2213
Re: Intek m790 plus frequency bands ?
Ahhh I see now, thank you 
- Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Intek m790 plus frequency bands ?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2213
Intek m790 plus frequency bands ?
Hi,
Just looking through the manual and it says when it's set on UK, it's 40 channels uk and 40 cept what does this mean ?
And it says it comes pre set on CE (cept 40ch fm 4w) I know how to change it.
I've had it sent on UK, so what's the difference between UK, CE & EU ?
Which should I be using ...
Just looking through the manual and it says when it's set on UK, it's 40 channels uk and 40 cept what does this mean ?
And it says it comes pre set on CE (cept 40ch fm 4w) I know how to change it.
I've had it sent on UK, so what's the difference between UK, CE & EU ?
Which should I be using ...
- Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:43 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: (Another) Loft Antenna question
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3661
(Another) Loft Antenna question
Hi,
What's my options for a reasonable loft antenna ? My loft is pretty empty but not big ! At the moment I'm using a Sirio Mil145 on the rad in the spare bedroom :lol: low swr but distance is rubbish.
I've looked at boomerang and the dipole (sd27) but not sure, I could possibly mount it at the ...
What's my options for a reasonable loft antenna ? My loft is pretty empty but not big ! At the moment I'm using a Sirio Mil145 on the rad in the spare bedroom :lol: low swr but distance is rubbish.
I've looked at boomerang and the dipole (sd27) but not sure, I could possibly mount it at the ...
Re: my rig
Really ! I thought years ago everyone removed the meter after swr'ing it, but now people just left them inline. Guess I should remove mine
Shows how much I know about cb/radio
Shows how much I know about cb/radio
Re: my rig
Squelch !stampman wrote:its a basic mistake
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
- Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:09 am
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: Good starter radio ?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 16525
Good starter radio ?
Hi,
Got my foundation license book on order and reading up here there and everywhere on line about it :D I've been looking around for a starter radio set but I'm confused with the amount that's out there :shock: what should I be looking for ? Mobile (not handheld) units seem to be a lot cheaper ...
Got my foundation license book on order and reading up here there and everywhere on line about it :D I've been looking around for a starter radio set but I'm confused with the amount that's out there :shock: what should I be looking for ? Mobile (not handheld) units seem to be a lot cheaper ...
- Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2947
Re: Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?
I found this,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ham-Radio-Dummi ... pd_sim_b_3
But doesn't seem to get very good reviews, they say buy this instead,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foundation-Lice ... pd_sim_b_1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ham-Radio-Dummi ... pd_sim_b_3
But doesn't seem to get very good reviews, they say buy this instead,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foundation-Lice ... pd_sim_b_1
- Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:41 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2947
Where can I learn more about dx'ing, amatuer etc ?
Hi,
Been on and off here for a few years, when I joined cb was very quiet so it was put away in the loft :( got it down the other week and stuck it in the gf's car and went to a local hill which is pretty high. To my surprise it was pretty busy on there :D I've now got it in the spare room with a ...
Been on and off here for a few years, when I joined cb was very quiet so it was put away in the loft :( got it down the other week and stuck it in the gf's car and went to a local hill which is pretty high. To my surprise it was pretty busy on there :D I've now got it in the spare room with a ...
- Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:36 am
- Forum: Scanners and Receivers
- Topic: New or second hand ?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 16484
New or second hand ?
Hi,
I'm after another scanner mainly for aircraft but some of the other stuff. I used to own a bearcat 3500 which was nice but there still going for nearly the cost of a new one on eBay !
I never owned a Yupiteru 7100 and they always get great reviews
Any suggestions ? New one or pick up second ...
I'm after another scanner mainly for aircraft but some of the other stuff. I used to own a bearcat 3500 which was nice but there still going for nearly the cost of a new one on eBay !
I never owned a Yupiteru 7100 and they always get great reviews
Any suggestions ? New one or pick up second ...
- Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 pm
- Forum: Scanners and Receivers
- Topic: Looking for book I use to own ?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 15328
Looking for book I use to own ?
Hi,
I few years ago I had a book by Marin Peters called The Essential Guide to Scanning is it still available to buy as a book ? Amazon have it for the kindle but I'd prefer to get the actual book again ?
[-o<
Thanks.
I few years ago I had a book by Marin Peters called The Essential Guide to Scanning is it still available to buy as a book ? Amazon have it for the kindle but I'd prefer to get the actual book again ?
[-o<
Thanks.
- Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: oops just blown my Intek :(
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6290
Re: oops just blown my Intek :(
Sorted now, fitted a new diode
picked up a spare just in case 
- Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:39 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: oops just blown my Intek :(
- Replies: 16
- Views: 6290
Re: oops just blown my Intek :(
It works =D>
Need to get a diode though just soldered a piece of wire in for now
Need to get a diode though just soldered a piece of wire in for now
