
Search found 9 matches
- Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Grounding/ earthing out
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1825
Grounding/ earthing out
Don't really want to go scrapping paint off under the gutter screws, can I make a earthing out cable connect to the aerial base and earth out in the van. The cable wont show.


- Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: My 62 crewie
- Replies: 4
- Views: 16421
Re: My 62 crewie
Cheers will do.
I'm off next week so I'm at home tinkering with the van, me swr reading is just over 2, I can get it lower still think the paint in the gutter isnt giving a good earth.
Went out for a spin over the weekend and parked up on the hill and picked somebody I Whales talking which must be ...
I'm off next week so I'm at home tinkering with the van, me swr reading is just over 2, I can get it lower still think the paint in the gutter isnt giving a good earth.
Went out for a spin over the weekend and parked up on the hill and picked somebody I Whales talking which must be ...
- Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:07 pm
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: My 62 crewie
- Replies: 4
- Views: 16421
My 62 crewie
Thought I would show you my set up








- Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland 248 scanning
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1055
Midland 248 scanning
I've just got the cb set up in the van and can't seem to scan the channels.
When I pres scan the channel number stays the same.
Any ideas please.
When I pres scan the channel number stays the same.
Any ideas please.
- Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:06 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Aerial straight or angled
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1980
Aerial straight or angled
I'm going to fit th cb into my new van over the weekend, is it ok to mount th aerial at an angle no more than 45' or straight up, was thinking about an angle as when I park the van it goes under a canapé at an angle it wont keep hitting it going in and out.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248 ...
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248 ...
- Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Swr readings
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2019
Re: Swr readings
Thanks for that stampman will take a small amount off.
Thanks for your help on my las few posts. 8)
Thanks for your help on my las few posts. 8)
- Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:57 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Swr readings
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2019
Swr readings
Just fitted my cb in the van all works ok checked it with a mate about 1/2 mile away and he came through crystal clear.
Now my readings were about
ch20 2,
ch 1 went down to just below 1
ch 40 was 2.5
It's this ok or do i need to fine tune it more.
The cb is a midland 248 and a Sirio Mythos ...
Now my readings were about
ch20 2,
ch 1 went down to just below 1
ch 40 was 2.5
It's this ok or do i need to fine tune it more.
The cb is a midland 248 and a Sirio Mythos ...
- Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Aerial coax length
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1662
Aerial coax length
Is there a minimum length I should have.
I've mounted my aerial on my old vw van at the front where the car aerial was so don't need a long length. Going to give it a go there first, if it don't work we ill I will then mount at the rear higher up.
The aerial now still sticks up a few feet above the ...
I've mounted my aerial on my old vw van at the front where the car aerial was so don't need a long length. Going to give it a go there first, if it don't work we ill I will then mount at the rear higher up.
The aerial now still sticks up a few feet above the ...
- Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 pm
- Forum: VW Owners
- Topic: Welcome VW CB radio users
- Replies: 18
- Views: 45243
Re: Welcome VW CB radio users
I've got a 72 bay window which im fitting a cb into,
A new beetle convertible, just got a boot mount to fit to it and hoping to get a 60's crew cab pick up in April.
Have fitted a cig lighter adaptor to the cb to make it easier to put between the vehicles.
A new beetle convertible, just got a boot mount to fit to it and hoping to get a 60's crew cab pick up in April.
Have fitted a cig lighter adaptor to the cb to make it easier to put between the vehicles.
