Triple check your connections, you might have a bad earth on either end.
When you say speaker wire, is it cheap stuff, you'd be better with sumthink heavyer, a bit of 4mm2 stuff or old battery lead, or what works for me is rg58 cb coax with the inner and outer shorted each end.
A metal sheet shouldnt be needed on an ally bonnet its still conductive, unless its a firbreglass one in which case you'd need it.
I have the same aerial on mi punto and it works well, I've had nearly 20 miles without extra power.
Rig wiring tips: red to black, black to red, blue to bits.
dr pepper wrote:Triple check your connections, you might have a bad earth on either end.
When you say speaker wire, is it cheap stuff, you'd be better with sumthink heavyer, a bit of 4mm2 stuff or old battery lead, or what works for me is rg58 cb coax with the inner and outer shorted each end.
A metal sheet shouldnt be needed on an ally bonnet its still conductive, unless its a firbreglass one in which case you'd need it.
I have the same aerial on mi punto and it works well, I've had nearly 20 miles without extra power.
true
M6TBR I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me