Uk regulations / planning laws on aerials
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
what is it you need to know and i will ask him coz i know there somthing about 3m

M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
3m no action can be taken but you can male an appeal to have it higher
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
by the sond of it they are
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
100% true
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- Photographer
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 76
- Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 pm
- CB Handle: Terminator / 26TM233
- Location: Northampton, UK
- Contact:
Red Rider wrote:Finally managed to get some answers today.. Apparently anything over 3m high needs planning persmission.
Doh.
Is that 3m high at the base of the antenna where it is bolted onto the side of your house or 3m high at the top of the antenna?
I am looking at getting a Antron99 which is 6m long so do I bury the first 3m in the ground?
http://www.stphotography.org
In Northampton, next to the finest CB Radio Shop in the UK..!!
M3 FLP - 26 TM 233 - Photographer
In Northampton, next to the finest CB Radio Shop in the UK..!!
M3 FLP - 26 TM 233 - Photographer
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
3m from the top of the house but mate listen dont worry because i have a a99 from the gutter on my house with a 2m pole under is so its 8m from the gutter dont worry at all very rare people have them took down because of the council
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
Donga
- Official CB Nut

- Posts: 72
- Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:48 am
- CB Handle: Rockape
- Location: Merseyside
I would have thought that if its not higher than your tv arial then it would be ok. Im thinking of putting mine in a tree at the bottom of my garden. How long can the coax be as it will be a bloody long way. Will signal degrade over lenghth.
I was 17 yrs in the Royal signals and the coax we used for our kit could only be joined so many times or be so long.
I was 17 yrs in the Royal signals and the coax we used for our kit could only be joined so many times or be so long.
-
joe jeep
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 110
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:22 pm
- CB Handle: Joe-Jeep
- Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex
I have a tank whip at 9ft long, I put it in my garage door when I want to use the radios which is only for a couple of hours a week so how would that stand, I have an old ham operator next to me who apparently doesn't like cb'ers or any radio operators any more!
Handle:Joe-Jeep
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex.
On either UK19 or if you cant find me there try UK26.
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex.
On either UK19 or if you cant find me there try UK26.
- porky.69
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 2144
- Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
- Location: wolverhampton, uk
what this ham guy has got to remember he proberly started on cb radio and 11 meters, to me joe radio is radio .....just enjoy the hobbyjoe jeep wrote:I have a tank whip at 9ft long, I put it in my garage door when I want to use the radios which is only for a couple of hours a week so how would that stand, I have an old ham operator next to me who apparently doesn't like cb'ers or any radio operators any more!
Just had a planning enforcement officer knock on my door concerning my antenna which is a 1/4 wave stuck on 20ft segmented pole.
Obviously a pernicious neighbour complained rather than talk to me direct.
So, now going through the planning process just to stirr the pot with these nosey neighbours and making it 5ft higher or more.
Obviously a pernicious neighbour complained rather than talk to me direct.
So, now going through the planning process just to stirr the pot with these nosey neighbours and making it 5ft higher or more.


