Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

Hi all,

I've bought a couple of Midland 42 hand-helds/car kits....they work great EXCEPT....

Each time they are powered on, they defauly to EU Ch9.
Is there a way to at least get them to default to UK channels?

Any advise would be great

10-10
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

as far as i know and with all the 42's i have sold they stay on uk so suspect you are not selecting the uk band correctley

they ar fidely to do but there is no reason they revert to eu bands once they are done


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Not shure if the alan 42 multy is the same as yours but heres some frequency mods - http://z1.ifrm.com/2510/101/0/p1021425/ ... tions1.pdf

Vidio of changing countries on a 42 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xb3uB6 ... re=related

Manual - http://www.alan-uk.com/cb/products_cbra ... ulti.shtml
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

Mne are both2nd hand...froma guy who used them in France...no instructions supplied.
I keep pressing the EU/UK button until it changes to UK.....but the next time I go to use them, they are back to EU.
I will take a peek at the above links when home...

Cheers...
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hold the scan and am/fm button in while you switch on the set you should then see a letter in the left hand side of the screen use channel selector to select uk and press the am/fm button it should then default to uk when you switch it on


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

Hhhmm :?

I dont have an A/F-LCR button.....I have a "EU/UK" button.

I guess there IS a difference between the Multi & the Base "Midland 42".

Ive been through the instructions & tried whats written down, substituting the A/F-LCR with my UK/EU button, but no joy.

ITs not TOO much of a problem, as I know what to check each time the units switched on, but these tend to be "loaners" to people who dont have CB's & join a convoy...

But thanks anyway.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

you have a scan button on ? did you try holding down both buttons when you switch on it can be tricky


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

I used to have a Kernow 5100 that was made for the French market and it allways defaulted to 9 EU when it was switched on .
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

Yes stampman, I have a scan button....when switching on, holding Scan & EU/UK at teh same time....the display is blank until I release the buttons, then show 9 EU.

Its not a big problem, but if I could get it to default to UK, it would be great.....

Thanks for the advise so far people....
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

ok 77-42 used to be made for each country until a couple of years since it could be a very old one see if you can locate a manual for it or try your local cb shop and see if they can change it for you


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Post Reply