Hi all,
I've bought a couple of Midland 42 hand-helds/car kits....they work great EXCEPT....
Each time they are powered on, they defauly to EU Ch9.
Is there a way to at least get them to default to UK channels?
Any advise would be great
10-10
Midland 42: Keeping UK as default??
as far as i know and with all the 42's i have sold they stay on uk so suspect you are not selecting the uk band correctley
they ar fidely to do but there is no reason they revert to eu bands once they are done

they ar fidely to do but there is no reason they revert to eu bands once they are done
if it anit broke dont fix it
Not shure if the alan 42 multy is the same as yours but heres some frequency mods - http://z1.ifrm.com/2510/101/0/p1021425/ ... tions1.pdf
Vidio of changing countries on a 42 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xb3uB6 ... re=related
Manual - http://www.alan-uk.com/cb/products_cbra ... ulti.shtml
Vidio of changing countries on a 42 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xb3uB6 ... re=related
Manual - http://www.alan-uk.com/cb/products_cbra ... ulti.shtml
Mne are both2nd hand...froma guy who used them in France...no instructions supplied.
I keep pressing the EU/UK button until it changes to UK.....but the next time I go to use them, they are back to EU.
I will take a peek at the above links when home...
Cheers...
I keep pressing the EU/UK button until it changes to UK.....but the next time I go to use them, they are back to EU.
I will take a peek at the above links when home...
Cheers...
hold the scan and am/fm button in while you switch on the set you should then see a letter in the left hand side of the screen use channel selector to select uk and press the am/fm button it should then default to uk when you switch it on

if it anit broke dont fix it
Hhhmm
I dont have an A/F-LCR button.....I have a "EU/UK" button.
I guess there IS a difference between the Multi & the Base "Midland 42".
Ive been through the instructions & tried whats written down, substituting the A/F-LCR with my UK/EU button, but no joy.
ITs not TOO much of a problem, as I know what to check each time the units switched on, but these tend to be "loaners" to people who dont have CB's & join a convoy...
But thanks anyway.
I dont have an A/F-LCR button.....I have a "EU/UK" button.
I guess there IS a difference between the Multi & the Base "Midland 42".
Ive been through the instructions & tried whats written down, substituting the A/F-LCR with my UK/EU button, but no joy.
ITs not TOO much of a problem, as I know what to check each time the units switched on, but these tend to be "loaners" to people who dont have CB's & join a convoy...
But thanks anyway.
Yes stampman, I have a scan button....when switching on, holding Scan & EU/UK at teh same time....the display is blank until I release the buttons, then show 9 EU.
Its not a big problem, but if I could get it to default to UK, it would be great.....
Thanks for the advise so far people....
Its not a big problem, but if I could get it to default to UK, it would be great.....
Thanks for the advise so far people....
ok 77-42 used to be made for each country until a couple of years since it could be a very old one see if you can locate a manual for it or try your local cb shop and see if they can change it for you

if it anit broke dont fix it



