How do we save CB???
-
clives1947
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:17 pm
- Location: devon
what we need to do is up the profile of cb.a lot of it is just hiding away one day it will be back big time,some thing,someone who knows? I will always have a couple,i cant see it dying out,there may be fewer users,but i doubt if there are fewer radios,73s&88s.
intend to install an a099 plus ground plne kit and a magnum s9+midland98,handle is dragon fly/lima whiskey462.
Well I am new to it all. I am only 20, and find am interested in seeing what ranges I can get. Have some general Banter.
I should have joined the Navy as a comm's rating, instead of SONAR. I may look into getting my Licence via the MoD.
I should have joined the Navy as a comm's rating, instead of SONAR. I may look into getting my Licence via the MoD.
- Basilsparents
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 225
- Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
- Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
For CB? It's abolished :S
I presume you mean something else
I presume you mean something else
I've just come back to this after 6 years this time....
The time before that I was a teenager, back when it was 'better' and cb 27/81 was new...
About 6 years ago I gave it a shot with a few friends, got hooked on DX went a bit mad with expensive ham kit, ran a club, took M3, then it was horrid, I'm not a ham and never will be.
This time my old Albrecht 485 is quiet, about 4 people on around Oxfordshire, still have my sigma 2 copy on my roof so not an aerial problem, in fact I have a good feeling about it, a fresh start...
I think all the old 'kids' cb's and aerials have gone and the band is clear to use again, and now with no license...
I think it is now right for a revival, not too big, more like the late 70's.
Anyway hello to you all, speak soon perhaps?
Regards,
Andy.
I'd like to mention that from when I was say 16-22 y/o CB played a big part of my life, I have many close friends from back then still today, and I wouldn't have the job or lifestyle I have now if it was not for CB radio and what it taught me about people and electronics....
The time before that I was a teenager, back when it was 'better' and cb 27/81 was new...
About 6 years ago I gave it a shot with a few friends, got hooked on DX went a bit mad with expensive ham kit, ran a club, took M3, then it was horrid, I'm not a ham and never will be.
This time my old Albrecht 485 is quiet, about 4 people on around Oxfordshire, still have my sigma 2 copy on my roof so not an aerial problem, in fact I have a good feeling about it, a fresh start...
I think all the old 'kids' cb's and aerials have gone and the band is clear to use again, and now with no license...
I think it is now right for a revival, not too big, more like the late 70's.
Anyway hello to you all, speak soon perhaps?
Regards,
Andy.
I'd like to mention that from when I was say 16-22 y/o CB played a big part of my life, I have many close friends from back then still today, and I wouldn't have the job or lifestyle I have now if it was not for CB radio and what it taught me about people and electronics....
back in 1982 when i had my first rig it was brill,all my mates had em,we were on them all the time ,eyeballs ,windups, always messing with the aerials getting them higher if parents would let you have 1 or using indoor wires and fire-sticks,all the boy racers had them in their cars,i miss this part of it.
york,rotel,harreir,thunderpole, sigma 4, silver rod, melos,cb clubs,bring em back
paul
york,rotel,harreir,thunderpole, sigma 4, silver rod, melos,cb clubs,bring em back
paul
Due to the Current Economic Situation and Climate Change the Light at the end of the Tunnel has now been switched off!
how do we save cb?
what r u trying to save cb from
cb will never be as big as it was in the 80's
you will not loose cb (even if they try we would all still use it)
just use what you have and be happy
what r u trying to save cb from
cb will never be as big as it was in the 80's
you will not loose cb (even if they try we would all still use it)
just use what you have and be happy





