Reporting Messages

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
User avatar
Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall

It's getting increasingly harder to sort out all the pornographic messages left on this board by computerised bots, I think I've removed about five today and I daresay other moderators and Andy have taken a lot off too. It's like a plague.

It's easy to miss any though, so if any unsuspecting forum member comes across one we've missed, could you point it out in this topic for us to go and remove it?

I realise this is an imperfect idea, and if someone else wants to delete this post then go for it XD

So, if you find anything we've missed... message a moderator or post sommat here.
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

Introduce yourself and Homebase antennas both have a couple of rather rude posts :oops: Both by the same person - his only posts.

Tim
Photoguy2910
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:29 am
Location: Rosyth,Fife

Looks like we are gerring hit quite hard, It's not just the one nane, I've seen these posts from 3 different ones
108TM999
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

Yep. New name same post in the thread below this one. Not impressed!

Must say it's the first I've seen for a good while so the moderators are doing a good job of cutting it out =D> \:D/

Tim
User avatar
monza
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:39 pm
Location: uk lol

we need a password/post confirm box bit like this

http://www.ripon-internet.com/captcha.php


Stops the bots






Nige :shock:
26-TM-550
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

it takes me 3 goes to post a message using them
i hate them
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

Maurice has posted a naughty in homebased antennas - same as the last ones so don't bother looking.
stonyman
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Gloucester

Another pornographic posting on Homebase Antennas, by some idiot called Maurice.

Why do they have to do things like this?
User avatar
monza
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:39 pm
Location: uk lol

fatfinger wrote:it takes me 3 goes to post a message using them
i hate them
I know what your saying ........... if it's kept to lower case or numbers only it might work ....... just a thought :)



Nige 8)
26-TM-550
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

Noah has started a new thread in Intro yourself - Teen people award. A moderator might like to remove it before any young children see it.

I'm hoping this will die out before too long - it often does on other lists. Then we'll get the odd banking posts! :roll:
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

we are working on it
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
EarthWormJim
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

whoops only just found this thread. in introduce yourself pornographic stuff. We had the same trouble on another forum i use and the admins changed the joining process to make it harder for the spammers to join and post. I'll have a word with one of the admins if you would like me to get all the details of the process. also if you guys need a hand ie another moderator id be more than happy to give up some free tme and help in anyway
Jim,

CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz

2H4OW
M3OJP
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

it was made harder for them to put spam on here and its been worked on at this moment



:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
Apbuild
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Thunderpole are not the only forum to be plagued by these pillocks.

I go on a big shooting forum here in the UK and Cranfield, one of the moderators there is also kept quite busy removing this spam.

Rob.
You got Eclipse coming at you!!!!!
I'd rather be mud pluggin, fishin', or shootin! (Or on my CB Radio)!
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

Compared to some I think we are getting off quite lightly. I've known a couple group close due to this - 5 or 6 posts an hour, 24/7 plus hacks. Admittedly some of it was delibrately targeting a group with the intention of closing it - that was really nasty.

Which shooting forum is that Apbuild? I'm looking for a good one UK based.

Tim
Post Reply