Search found 21 matches
- Sat May 06, 2023 8:17 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: cb radio antenna legal height
- Replies: 29
- Views: 100944
Re: cb radio antenna legal height
Hi can anyone tell me the legal height on a van please.
Articulated trucks. These can be incredibly tall. I take my logic from there. My Sirio 3000 antenna whip is just over 180cm, my small van is around the same height. I don't have any problems at all. I have a mate that has a full sized ...
- Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:15 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Warm rigs..
- Replies: 2
- Views: 15775
Re: Warm rigs..
Update. This morning I checked the SWR on the Midland with the linear in-line and to my amazement, it was about 1:3 -1:4 across the band! Channel 1, channel 20, and channel 40. Couldn't quite believe it. So I'm gonna shut up now, and just see how warm the Midland gets from now until the summer, with ...
- Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:08 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Warm rigs..
- Replies: 2
- Views: 15775
Warm rigs..
Hello again all,
Stupid schoolboy question probably. I have finally finished setting up my rig and boots in the van. Sirio 3000 finally SWR'd in and getting very low figures 1:1 - 1:3. This should be fine for the RM KL 203 P linear to work alongside my original Midland 77-104uk I've had from new ...
Stupid schoolboy question probably. I have finally finished setting up my rig and boots in the van. Sirio 3000 finally SWR'd in and getting very low figures 1:1 - 1:3. This should be fine for the RM KL 203 P linear to work alongside my original Midland 77-104uk I've had from new ...
- Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:27 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 18958
Re: Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
Thanks for all your help and reassurance Andy. 
- Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:44 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 18958
Re: Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
Yes, of course it is. Sorry Andy. I understand.
I presume this higher power reading on the meter, possibly due to high impedance, won't be doing any damage to the output, or "finals" of the rig? I only say because I am so confident that the rig is outputting only 4 watts.
Chris.
I presume this higher power reading on the meter, possibly due to high impedance, won't be doing any damage to the output, or "finals" of the rig? I only say because I am so confident that the rig is outputting only 4 watts.
Chris.
- Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:55 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 18958
Re: Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
Hello Andy,
Thanks sonmuch for the reply. I was trying to tell myself that if the SWR value is good, it is what it is. The power reading has me puzzled though. I am using 50 Ohm coax that came with the Tri-mag (Typical RG58) so there must be a build up of resistance somewhere? Is that correct? I'm ...
Thanks sonmuch for the reply. I was trying to tell myself that if the SWR value is good, it is what it is. The power reading has me puzzled though. I am using 50 Ohm coax that came with the Tri-mag (Typical RG58) so there must be a build up of resistance somewhere? Is that correct? I'm ...
- Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:22 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 18958
Antenna extended all the way for good SWR?
Hello all. I will try to keep this simple and short :lol:
Transit connect LWB van (2005) using a tri-mag mount, with Sirio 3000 and baby Midland 77-104 UK 27/81. I decided to SWR the new mount and antenna, as you do, and found that it was higher on channel 1 than 40. So, whip needed to be ...
Transit connect LWB van (2005) using a tri-mag mount, with Sirio 3000 and baby Midland 77-104 UK 27/81. I decided to SWR the new mount and antenna, as you do, and found that it was higher on channel 1 than 40. So, whip needed to be ...
- Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:46 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Anyone, or any groups In the Surrey area 2023?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17887
Re: Anyone, or any groups In the Surrey area 2023?
Thanks very much Hair Bear. I have just messaged Blue Lagoon.
Much obliged to you, and hope to speak with you soon maybe.
All the best,
Chris.
Much obliged to you, and hope to speak with you soon maybe.
All the best,
Chris.
- Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:45 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Anyone, or any groups In the Surrey area 2023?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17887
Re: Anyone, or any groups In the Surrey area 2023?
Hello Hair Bear,
Many thanks for the reply man! The 20 is Leatherhead this way mate, so there's a good chance I can catch your group one evening! I usually try Epsom Downs. Used to use that place loads years ago for a good copy, and many an eyeball!! :lol: And Box Hill was a good one!! Might try ...
Many thanks for the reply man! The 20 is Leatherhead this way mate, so there's a good chance I can catch your group one evening! I usually try Epsom Downs. Used to use that place loads years ago for a good copy, and many an eyeball!! :lol: And Box Hill was a good one!! Might try ...
- Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:30 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Anyone, or any groups In the Surrey area 2023?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17887
Anyone, or any groups In the Surrey area 2023?
Looking for any local net groups on channel, or groups that actually meet up using only UK 40 CB. Eyeballs are probably illegal or non PC nowadays anyway. I'm not on the almighty Faceache, so this maybe my issue. But, if anyone knows anything, please let me know. I can only do mobile, as the council ...
- Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:29 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Text message noises in the speaker
- Replies: 1
- Views: 14530
Re: Text message noises in the speaker
Usually it's a nearby phone continuously communicating with the mast it is connected to. Older extention speakers or amplified speakers will be susceptible to this sort of interference. The later ones (amplified) have been shielded to prevent this. It COULD also be a smart meter as I don't know how ...
- Fri May 20, 2022 7:39 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Uk 27mhz homebase antenna next to TV antenna?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 16019
Uk 27mhz homebase antenna next to TV antenna?
Evening people!
I should know the answer to this, and so is probably a stupid question.
I would like to know what the ramifications would be if I were to install a hombase antenna for 11m use (not sure which one yet) on the same wall mounted pole as my TV antenna. We do use the TV antenna to watch ...
I should know the answer to this, and so is probably a stupid question.
I would like to know what the ramifications would be if I were to install a hombase antenna for 11m use (not sure which one yet) on the same wall mounted pole as my TV antenna. We do use the TV antenna to watch ...
- Mon May 16, 2022 6:32 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Sigma ML145 magmount on a van
- Replies: 0
- Views: 16101
Sigma ML145 magmount on a van
Hello all, hope I have put this post in the correct area...
I am using said antenna and am using it on a mk1 transit connect. This has a corregated roof. When the magmount is on the roof, placed on the center corregation, it overhangs slightly each side. My SWR is the best I can get it, about 1.7 at ...
I am using said antenna and am using it on a mk1 transit connect. This has a corregated roof. When the magmount is on the roof, placed on the center corregation, it overhangs slightly each side. My SWR is the best I can get it, about 1.7 at ...
- Mon May 16, 2022 6:16 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Using a 27/81 CB with burner on a leisure battery
- Replies: 4
- Views: 18052
Re: Using a 27/81 CB with burner on a leisure battery
So. I tried using the Rotel, and the burner using just the vans battery with engine off. Rotel was via the fag lighter, and amp was direct to battery (both in-line fused of course) and it all worked very well! I know the rotel was only giving around 2-3 Watts into the amp as the engine was off, and ...
- Mon May 09, 2022 10:47 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Using a 27/81 CB with burner on a leisure battery
- Replies: 4
- Views: 18052
Re: Using a 27/81 CB with burner on a leisure battery
Thanks Andy. It does seem logical to "suck-it-and-see". I will test my theory on using a straight 12v with the amp first before I spend out on a leisure battery.
I will report back.
Many thanks again,
Chris (side)
I will report back.
Many thanks again,
Chris (side)
