Search found 30 matches

by Andy Nazel
Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:27 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Cobra UK25 LTD Audio I.C.
Replies: 0
Views: 2883

Cobra UK25 LTD Audio I.C.

Hi everyone.Have the above radio,audio through the speaker is low.The speaker is fine so have removed the audio I.C. and it is a KIA 7217AP.The only replacement I have in my spares is a TA 7222AP.The spec sheets on both I.C.'s appear similar but if someone with better knowledge could let me know if ...
by Andy Nazel
Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:14 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Aerial stopping mobile phones and wifi working?
Replies: 3
Views: 4481

Re: Aerial stopping mobile phones and wifi working?

Hi Mancalleddave.Theres's nothing at all in what your neighbour says and you should put your aerial back as soon as possible.As you say it's a legal set up so the law is on your side and if you get more complaints tel them to naff off and here's why,CB frequencies are nowhere near the ones used by ...
by Andy Nazel
Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:17 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Maycom AH-27
Replies: 0
Views: 2263

Maycom AH-27

Hi everyone.Recently got my hands on a Maycom AH-27 and take it with me when walking the dog(yes there are enough breakers to make this worth while :shock: .The only problem with it is the modulation,too quiet(whats new)It was a complete,mint radio when I got it so has never been messed with.Can ...
by Andy Nazel
Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Cobra 29 LX EU RX distortion fault
Replies: 4
Views: 4339

Re: Cobra 29 LX EU RX distortion fault

Hi Casetrax.....have you tried turning off the SoundTracker feature? I found it helped with mine and its only any good if talking to another Cobra radio on a standard mic.Hope this helps,as you say a nice radio otherwise.
by Andy Nazel
Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Cobra 19x
Replies: 2
Views: 3117

Re: Cobra 19x

Hi Asterix! The Cobra 19x Is an AM radio that transmits on the european frequencies.Is this the radio you have? http://radiopics.com/CB_Radio/USA%20CB/ ... 19%20X.htm
by Andy Nazel
Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 am
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Polmar venus uk versus cept
Replies: 2
Views: 2620

Re: Polmar venus uk versus cept

Hi Pete,to fix the frequency to UK you need to press and hold the MR/DX button while powering the radio on and then use the channel change buttons until the display shows the letter "U" then press the 9/SHT button to confirm your choice.It may also be that pressing the AM/FM button on the mike ...
by Andy Nazel
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: KPO 5000...
Replies: 4
Views: 3466

Re: KPO 5000...

FYI on a DX 5000 pin 4 on the mike socket is "live" do not connect anything to this as you may wreck the radio :shock:
by Andy Nazel
Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 am
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: How to ground Antenna?
Replies: 14
Views: 8703

Re: How to ground Antenna?

Hello Rustyskull :D .First may I warn you against connecting the aerial to the magmount with bits of wire as this sends all the radio's transmitting power straight back into the radio and will damage it!The aerial itself is commonly referred to as a "springer" and are notoriously difficult to swr ...
by Andy Nazel
Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:20 am
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Shogun 40ch Radio
Replies: 1
Views: 2556

Shogun 40ch Radio

Hello everyone! I recently aquired a Shogun 40ch cb,have never seen this model before. http://www.flickr.com/photos/andynazel/6783553106/in/photostream hope the link works as I've never added one before!! I can find no info on this radio at all,and it has a couple of problems.Problem one-someone has ...
by Andy Nazel
Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:52 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: ...and for my next (ignorant) antenna Q...
Replies: 5
Views: 3793

Re: ...and for my next (ignorant) antenna Q...

Hello! :D If you just use a "splitter" then the 4watts from your cb will go straight into your scanners aerial hole when you key up and kill its recieve circuit!! :cry: Best to use a separate aerial.Check out Thunderpoles range to see which one is best for you but I've used a Skyscan Mobile and had ...
by Andy Nazel
Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:16 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: So I bought a CB radio on ebay.......
Replies: 7
Views: 7280

Re: So I bought a CB radio on ebay.......

Hi there Radiomaker :D .I had one of these radios and they are similar to the Maycom AH27 and Midland 42 in size and shape but with different internals so it may be that accessories for either of these radios would fit yours.There is 12volt battery pack for the Maycom ah27 that allows the radio to ...
by Andy Nazel
Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:15 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: So I bought a CB radio on ebay.......
Replies: 7
Views: 7280

Re: So I bought a CB radio on ebay.......

Hi there Radiomaker :D .I had one of these radios and they are similar to the Maycom AH27 and Midland 42 in size and shape but with different internals so it may be that accessories for either of these radios would fit yours.There is 12volt battery pack for the Maycom ah27 that allows the radio to ...
by Andy Nazel
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:11 am
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: High SWR reading
Replies: 7
Views: 6401

Re: High SWR reading

Hi again Woody,if the SWR is coming down as u cut then I would keep cutting.Middle of the roof is best,back of the roof makes the aerial somewhat directional,signals in front of you will be good but those behind you will struggle as I've found out on my car.The back of the roof was the only place I ...
by Andy Nazel
Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:13 pm
Forum: CB Radios
Topic: <Help needed> Albrecht AE 6890 & SWR
Replies: 7
Views: 6247

Re: <Help needed> Albrecht AE 6890 & SWR

Hello CBCO! I may be trying to teach you to suck eggs...but....does the radio have a local/DX button as this will affect the receive.Its just a thought and it's the simple answers that sometimes come back to slap you in the face later! :D
by Andy Nazel
Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:57 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: High SWR reading
Replies: 7
Views: 6401

Re: High SWR reading

Hey Woody! If the SWR is higher on ch40uk fm than channel 1uk fm then it needs cutting if its 3 across all channels then I would look at the mount and cable for shorts or broken connections.If these are fine then try using an old wire coat hanger cut to the same length as the atoms whip and make ...